You’re Engaged! Now What?
Congratulations! We know how exciting getting engaged is and are super happy for you! But once the excitement wears off, you may start to feel stressed and not know what to do next. Well here are the top five things to do first to help relieve the stress and prioritize what is important!
1. Create your budget. This is hands down the first step that needs to happen. It doesn’t matter what dress you want or where your reception will be if you don’t know whether you can afford it or not. Sit down with whoever will be helping to pay for the wedding and figure out what you will have to work with. Find out what are the most desired things you and your fiancé want for your wedding and prioritize them by importance. A great place to get help with your wedding budget is: https://www.theknot.com/wedding-budget/start
2. Create a rough draft of your guest list. You will need to know what size your wedding will be before you can book your venue. You may need to downsize your guest list later depending on budget and venue accommodations so be ready to cut guests if necessary.
3. Pick a date. Or rather a range of dates. Be ready to be flexible with your date if the venue or specific vendors are a priority. If you are not flexible with your date, you may have a harder time getting the venue and/or vendors you want for your wedding if they’re already booked.
4. Choose your venue. Make sure to do enough research beforehand to ensure the venues you like fit in your budget. Narrow your favorites down and set up venue tours to view in person. Bring this checklist with you so you ask the right questions when touring.
5. Once you have booked your venue and have your date, start hiring your vendors starting with your wedding planner. They will be able to help guide you when hiring your vendors and help with vendor contracts. Your venue may also give you a vendor list which may be very helpful when searching for vendors.
Once you have these five things done, the rest will be a piece of cake!