We hope you have recovered from the endless parade of holiday goodies and parties and are ready to move onto all of the goodness that 2014 will bring. One of our favorite aspects of our job is making ourselves aware of upcoming wedding trends so we can share them with all of you. Here are our top predictions for 2014 wedding trends and they are FABULOUS!
#1- Refined Woodland- Thanks to the influences of The Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings, Refined Woodland will be very popular in 2014. Some of the elements of this design will include pine trees, ferns, fur, earthy colors, flower crowns, wood grains, long flowing dresses, and whimsical elements. Sean Parker and Alexandra Lenas’s celebrity wedding that took place in Big Sur will be the driving force of the design elements. Check out some of the amazing photos from their wedding, along with some inspiration photos.
Here are some additional inspiration photos:
How can you incorporate some of these trends here at Wiens Family Cellars?
- Bring in potted pine trees and ferns for your ceremony décor.
- Use cut wood for cake stands, table centerpieces, and auxiliary table décor.
- Use fur table runners or fur seat covers.
- Use wood grain and/or fern prints on invites, menus, table numbers, cake, and save the date cards.
#2- Grand Opulence- While The Great Gatsby was a major influence for 2013, it will remain somewhat in 2014 but with less 1920’s influence and more towards general Grand Opulence. Elements will include intricate grand china, detailed stationary, ball room wedding dresses, metallic cakes, and formal attire.
What can you do to bring these elements to your Wiens Family Cellars wedding?
- Choose satin linens in gold.
- Upgrade our china to pattern or gold-rimmed china.
- Enforce the theme in your stationery from invites to menus.
- Add metallic frosting to your cake.
#3- Pop Art- This fun and funky trend is one of our favorites. Elements will include Pop Art graphics, primary bold colors, cartoon strip characters, and life-size infographics.
How can you have a Pop Art wedding here at Wiens Family Cellars?
- Use primary colors in your linens, flowers, and stationary.
- Have a graphics company “cartoonize” you and your groom.
- Purchase funky colored and shaped decor.
#4- Geometric Greatness- We love the Chevron trend of 2013 and this trend will definitely feed off of it. Think Chevron on steroids. Elements will include geometric shapes (including chevron, diamond, square, rectangular, and triangle), fun colors, and anything funky.
Want to have Geometric Greatness at your Wiens Family Cellars wedding?
- Don’t’ buy any décor unless it is a fun color or funky shape.
- Hang colored paper diamonds above the dance floor.
- Purchase diamond-shaped favor boxes.
- Use funky flowers such as yellow Billy Balls or red Pin Cushions in your bouquet.
We can’t wait to see these trends in 2014 and are here to help you make them a reality! Happy New Years and cheers to a great 2014!